Video on Demand (VOD)
In the event you are having issues purchasing and/or viewing a VOD, please review this page before contacting us for assistance. To help you move through the VOD purchase process, please follow the instructions below.
To ensure you have no issues with the payment process, please enable cookies and disable private browsing in your web browser (Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, Safari, etc.)
- In the event you loop back to the purchase page on altPOV.tv after processing your payment in PayPal, your transaction HAS NOT processed. To verify a paid transaction, please check your PayPal account. If there are no transactions listed in PayPal, you're transaction did not process.
There are two steps:
(1) become a member,
(2) purchase the on-demand video.
You only need to complete the member process once.
Becoming a member provides access to site functionality such as commenting on site content, and it provides an opportunity to share updates related to new content.
Please read ourprivacy page, too, to alleviate any concerns there. Here are the steps: To become a member:
- Click on "members" in the menu bar at the top of the page and complete the member process.
- Go to the e-mail account you used to register to confirm your membership has been processed, and click on the link to the site from the e-mail, which brings you back to altPOV.tv.
- To purchase an on-demand video after becoming a member: Click on "members" in the menu bar and sign in. Click "Pay Securely" at the bottom of the information page. This will launch a PayPal transaction page. You have the choice to "Log in to PayPal" or "Check Out as Guest." Log in to PayPal if you have an existing account, use guest if you do not and fill out the required information. Once you receive confirmation of payment, you will return to altPOV.tv. Click "Please click here to view your video" to watch the video. Ã¢ If you cannot access the video after payment confirmation, you are probably no longer logged in. Log back in and then click the image on the home page of the "alien selfie" to watch the movie.
If you experience problems during this process, please visit the Contact page and submit your questions. Please do not use Facebook as the contact page! It will be easier to manage all requests through one convenient process.
Viewing the film: Video slow, skipping, or buffering? There are a multitude of reasons why you'd see video buffering, most of which are specific to your PC / browser / network capacity. The video streams at a variety of bitrates (i.e. levels of quality) and the video player dynamically adjusts your stream upwards or downwards based on a number of factors, including network capacity, CPU and memory utilization, graphics card capabilities, etc., so that you're getting the 'optimal' video quality based on your computer's specific capabilities.
Buffering typically is related to network constraints. Thank you for your patience, and for helping us improve your experience at altPOV.tv.